Pal’s Cabin Cream Mushroom Soup
Source: GeniusKitchen.com | Recipe by Oolala
Pal’s Cabin of West Orange, New Jersey was legendary for their Cream of Mushroom Soup..
Prep: 45 minutes | Serves: 8 to 10
- 64 ounces Chicken Stock
- ½ lb. fresh Mushrooms, chopped, sautéed
- 3 Shallots, finely chopped
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Flour
- Maggl Seasoning (to taste)
- White pepper (to taste)
- ½ pint light cream
- ½ pint heavy cream, whipped
- In a large stock pot, heat the chicken stock until it is well simmered. Add the sautéed mushrooms and chopped shallots.
- In a smaller saucepan, make a roux by melting the butter and adding the four, stirring until well blended. Cook the roux until it has the aroma of toasted almonds.
- Pour the roux into the chicken stock to obtain a velouté of light consistency.
- Season to taste with Maggi, salt and white pepper. Add the light cream to the chicken stock and stir well.
- Serve in a cup topped with a teaspoons of whipped cream and sprinkle with a touch of paprika.