Scary Spider Cookies
Source: from MommyMusings | recipe from Stefanie Fauquet
Looking for a cute and creepy treat? These peanut butter and chocolate cookies are sure to please kids and adults of all ages!
Ready in 60 minutes | Serves: 24
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar for rolling
48 miniature Reese's cups unwrapped and frozen
96 candy eyes
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, beat together shortening, peanut butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended.
- Form into 1" balls.
- Roll in sugar and place a couple of inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately, gently press an upside down frozen peanut butter cup on top of each cookie and move to wire rack to cool.
- After placing and moving all of the cookies on the wire rack, put in place the candy eyes while chocolate is still slightly soft.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow cookies to firm.
- Put chocolate chips in the corner of zippered sandwich bag.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, knead and repeat until chocolate has melted.
- Clip tiny piece off of the corner of bag to allow for piping and draw eight legs on each spider cookie.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow legs to set.