Strawberry Monster Cupcakes
Source: from YummyCrumble | recipe from Kathleen Siegle
These sweet treats are reminiscent from the movie “Little Shop of Horrors” Just one bite will lead to more!
Prep: 45 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes | Serves: 12
- Set oven to 350 F.
- In small bowl mix together fresh chopped strawberries and preserves.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg whites, vanilla extract, and food coloring into fully incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients with milk, beating on low speed.
- Fold in strawberries and preserves.
- Fill cupcake liners to ¾ full and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take strawberries and slice out little mouths.
- Cover each mouth in melted dark chocolate then put them in the freezer to harden.
- Then With a Wilton #4 round tip, pipe teeny tiny scary teeth on each strawberry
- With your paddle attachment of your electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add 6 cups of the powdered sugar with cream and vanilla.
- Mix slowly until its blended well, then beat on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add more sugar one cup at a time until desired consistency.
- Beat in green food dye.