Wicked Witch Cupcakes
Source: from YourCupofCake
Ding-dong the witch is dead! These Wicked Witch Cupcakes are yummy and fabulous for your Halloween parties!
Ready in 30 minutes | Serves: 24
1 box devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk or milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract optional
3-4 cups powdered sugar
green food dye
STRIPED STRAWS AND BLACK PAPER
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift cake mix into a large bowl ( to help remove any lumps) and add eggs, oil, sour cream, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Frosting: Beat butter, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add milk if it gets too thick!
- Cut out little witch boots and cut straws in half. Hot glue or tape your boots on the straws.
- Frost cupcakes and then stick in straws with the boots!